2/25/09

aching heart

So most of you know that we live in my in-laws basement..well they are freaks about dog hair so my dog paloma was not allowed to go upstairs with all of us and she had to stay down stairs and she was getting really discouraged(don't blame her) I tried to stay down stairs as much as i could but with no tv and it being a dark basement it was hard to stay all day with her..When we lived in our house we never had any problems with her and she plays with Bella so good..But I think the living situation got the best of her and she bit bella the other day..it broke my heart, Bella was fine but I felt so awful for my daughter but yet i felt palomas pain too (call me crazy if you want to i don't care) so to say the least we had to get rid of her and i am so heart broken..She was my buddy and i loved her so much..if you are not a dog person you won't understand I can't make my husband and his family understand why i am so sad and why I can't just get over it..I know what paloma did was bad but my heart still aches!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Megan!

Coombs Family said...

Sorry to hear, but... look at it this way. If you did keep the puppy and had to keep her in the basement all of the time then that's not so good. So, if you're able to give her to someone who can let her act like herself then it was worth it to give her up, right?

Tina said...

Megan,that has to be so hard. I would feel the same way. Just know that you aren't the only one that feels that way. Hang in there.

Stacy said...

Oh dear! And we just saw little Paloma. I hope you are feeling better about it since a couple of weeks has passed. Luvs.